Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Just reading.....and laughing!

Just reading.....and laughing!

One of my daily reads is dooce.com, and this is a blog she linked to on one of her posts. I sat in the library laughing outloud, alone, and thought the rest of the world (as if anyone reads this) should experience the same joy!

"On my way to lunch at the Manhattan Mall Food Court, I noticed how many reflective surfaces there are in the mall. You can spend your wait for the elevators by staring at your mirror reflection in its closed doors. Structural columns are also covered in mirrored glass. Certain stores, like LIMITED, employ reflective trim around their plate glass windows. Everywhere you go, you get to see what a terrible decision you've made by visiting the mall.

Today I also got to see, very plainly, the small lump developing around my mid-section. I have not yet determined if it is benign. It's that weird lump you get after you've grown pretty accustomed to being skinny and then nature tells you, "hey, check it out. Party's over, fatty." It's small now, but I fear it could grow into what I like to call a "weed baby." (Check out lifelong pot smokers. Even the skinniest of them get a crazy second trimester weed baby. Skinny pot smokers eventually develop upper bodies that resemble a python digesting a mouse.)"

link to this blog:
http://www.tremble.com/scribblins/000668.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home